Thursday, October 11, 2007

Kona Day 6

This place is friggin' awesome - you can just feel the energy level at this place. Just walking down the street you bump into some of the top athletes in the sport - they have all been really cool and happy to spend a few minutes talking. You also see so many hard bodies running and biking it's like the city of the master race.

At breakfast we saw some people walking down the street in their underpants on their way to the underpants run. We got to see a bit of the run after we finished our breakfast. I would have definitely joined if I had some running shoes with me.

I got a chance to talk with Michael Lavato, one of the best US Ironman racers - really friendly guy - I hope he kicks some ass on Saturday.

Sena got her picture with Michelle Jones (last years female winner) while I was getting another ART message from Jan Wanklyn and her magic fingers. Sena said Michelle was really nice and not bothered by the picture taking at all.

We made it to the expo and bought all kinds of stuff, then we headed off to Hapuna Beach with my sister Liz, and we all met my Mom there. It was a real nice day trip. On the way home we stopped at my mother's time share - huge place on a golf course - she was so proud of it.

Banquet tonight followed by the pre-race meeting. Tomorrow, is bike check in.

Getting close...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exciting to follow along, I'm really glad you're blogging this.

Sorry that I didn't manage to catch you before you left for Hawaii. Ganbatte!

Anonymous said...

I wish you Godspeed, Jesse! Have a great race!