Saturday, October 20, 2007

The following days

The day after Ironman, I took Sena, Rachel and Erika to the airport for a noon flight. Erika and I had some nice father/daughter time at the beach before we headed to the airport.

I spent some time with my mom and my sister Liz that afternoon, then went to the awards banquet, that evening. Met an old German dude, that turned out to have placed in his age group. The speeches from the finishers were pretty good.

On Monday I took a 40 min bike ride along the coast, packed, finished my last blog entry, drank a lot of beer and relaxed. My flight back was a red eye, leaving from Kona at 11:15pm on Monday and arriving in Philly at 7:30pm on Tuesday.

At the airport, I met a guy about my age that finished Kona in 2005, but bonked at mile 90 of the bike this year and called it quits. I felt a little guilty for complaining about my mediocre race. I also met a woman who came to see the race - she is a race official, but wasn't officiating this race, just a spectator. She helped clarify a few rules for me.

The day after I returned, I went back to work, with 3 full day workshops and some key deliverables due by end of week - whew - I'm just starting to catch my breath.

No comments: